BENEFITS OF GENETIC TESTING
Alzheimer’s disease pathogenesis can be asymptomatic for 15-20 years. Amyloid-beta plaque and neurofibrillary tangle build up is typically well-established by the time initial symptoms appear.
APOE genotype is a unique, single-gene indicator for Alzheimer’s disease risk that can provide genetic risk information to patients. There is significant association between APOE genotype and Alzheimer’s disease risk, with that risk increasing significantly with age for those person’s carrying a single copy of the APOE e4 allele and even greater for individual’s carrying two copies of e4. Please see the white paper for further information on APOE research.
At-risk patients can benefit from learning their Alzheimer’s genetic risk by being:
- Empowered to take actionable, risk-modifying steps early,
- Educated for life-planning decisions, and
- Identified early for clinical trial enrollment qualification based on genotype information.
ADx HEALTHCARE ADVANTAGE
- Private pay – no insurance paperwork for your office
- Patient friendly reports
- Highest standards – CLIA certified and CAP accredited laboratory testing facilities
- Access to resources to help your patients get started reducing their risk for Alzheimer’s disease
PATIENT ORDERED LAB TEST
- Physician authorized test
- Patient can initiate test request online
- No insurance approval requirement (private pay)
- Post-test genetic counseling available for all patients
- Physicians can focus on patient care & addressing modifiable risk factors
The APOE genotype test is performed by nucleic acid amplification and melting curve analysis of tagged oligomers targeting nucleotides 388 (SNP rs429358) and 526 (SNP rs7412) at Northwest Pathology in Bellingham, WA (CLIA #50D10179350). This test was developed and its performance characteristics determined by Northwest Pathology, P.S. It has not been cleared or approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), as the FDA has determined that such clearance or approval is not necessary.
Please contact ADx Healthcare if you are interested in bulk pricing for APOE testing, or if you have any other questions related to our testing.